09 Jan 14 Articles on Raising Your First Round of Funding
Raising anything is difficult — a barn, children, a round of funding for your startup. And it’s also tough, if not impossible, to raise anything by yourself. You need to form a team, family, or community (or all three) in order to properly raise something or someone, and utilize every tool at your disposal.
To help give you a starting point when looking into raising the first round of funding for your startup, I’ve compiled a list of some of the best articles I’ve found on raising your seed round of investment from investors.
- 5 Things You Need to Know Before Fundraising — Brent Freeman, Inc.
- 10 Things You Must Do Before Connecting With Investors — Patrick Henry, Entrepreneur
- A Guide to Prepare Your Series A Fundraising — Mathias Ockenfels
Preparing Your Pitch
- The Perfect Investor Deck for Raising a Seed Round — Alex Iskold, TechStars Blog
- How to Create a Great Investor Pitch Deck For Startups Seeking Financing — Richard Harrock, Forbes
- 6 Tips for Raising Your First Round of Funding — Matt Barba, Entrepreneur
- 10 Tips for a Successful Seed Round — Crowd Funder
- Raise Your First Round of Startup Funding in 7 Steps — Prahasith, Medium
- Raising your first $1,000,000 — Mitchell Lee, Medium
- How to Raise a $1M Seed Round — Sunil Rajaraman, TechCrunch
- How to Raise Seed Capital: Crucial Steps to Know — Rob Go, NextView Ventures
Closing The Deal
- How to Close the Lead Investor: Seed Fundraising — Ash Rust, Hacker Noon
- Closing a Startup Financial Deal — Asheesh Advani, Entrepreneur
- Startup Cheat-Sheet: How to Close Your First Investor — Tyler Tate, Hacker Noon
Want to add an article to the list or need more help than what you can get from an article? Email me at Michael@ConsultStraza.com.
I didn’t add any of my own articles to the list, but this is a topic I’m passionate about. If interested, take a look at a couple of my most recent articles on raising funds for your startup:
- Startup Founders Worth Investing In: 10 Characteristics I Look For
- Startup Red Flags: 7 Things Scaring Investors Away from Your Idea
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/851552634402205696/lmrJRaRX.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Michael Straza is passionate about helping small businesses thrive. A graduate of Illinois State University’s College of Business, majoring in economics, Straza is a seasoned entrepreneur, startup investor, and business management specialist based out of Bloomington/Normal, Illinois. Connect with Michael on Twitter, LinkedIn, and email at Michael@ConsultStraza.com. [/author_info] [/author]